Anthony S. King, Esq.
Anthony King is a registered patent attorney with over ten years of intellectual property litigation and prosecution experience in our Newport Beach office. He works on a variety of intellectual property matters including patent prosecution, patent infringement opinion work, trademark, and copyright.
Mr. King counsels individual inventors and corporations on a variety of topics including product development and patenting strategy, patentability analysis, patent infringement analysis, freedom-to-operate opinions, patent invalidity, patent portfolio building, appeals to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences, biotechnology and pharmaceutical patents, medical device patents, mechanical device patents, video game patents, telecommunication patents, trademark prosecution, copyright registration, international protections of intellectual properties, protection against importation of infringing goods by cooperating with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection by way of criminal prosecution.
Mr. King also acts as the U.S. prosecution counsel for a number of Taiwanese intellectual property law firms. His has particular experience handling technologies relating to mechanical device, chip design, semiconductor, electronics, computer hardware and software, medical device, and biotechnology.
Prior to Mr. King’s work with the Law Office of Eric B. Alspaugh, he previously worked at Rutan & Tucker, LLP and Williams & Connolly, LLP. Mr. King is also an ex-patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the field of medical devices. With a strong interest in the business aspects of technology, he co-founded the Hopkins Biotech Network (www.hopkinsbiotechnetwork.org), a non-profit organization bridging the biotechnology industry with academia in education, career development, and networking. And as a fluent speaker in Mandarin Chinese, he has lectured at National Chung Hsing University in Taiwan on the topic of “Hidden Pitfalls in U.S. Patent Prosecution.”
J.D. GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF LAW
CHINESE LAW BEIJING UNIVERSITY
M.S. BIOTECHNOLOGY, JOHN HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
B.S. BIOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- California State Bar
- State Bar of New York
- District of Columbia Bar (Washington, D.C.)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Nanotechnology Institute, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- The Medical Technology Business Sector, Orange County Regulatory Affairs Discussion Group (OCRA)
- Chinese American Semiconductor Professional Association
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Section, Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Division of Bio/Pharmaceutical Science, Society of Chinese BioScientists in America
- Monte Jade Science and Technology Association
Consult with Anthony S. King, Esq. to learn more about intellectual property, including patent prosecution, patent infringement opinion work, trademark, and copyright.